Sunday, November 18, 2018

Week 6 News

Greeting Families,

I hope you all enjoyed a relaxing weekend before the holiday season kicks into full swing. I am especially looking forward to this week because I am getting married on Saturday, the 24th. I have included a picture of my fiancé and I. Mr. Otto is a teacher at Arete Prep and has had the privilege of teaching some of our 4th graders' siblings in 6th and 7th grade. Sam Otto and I met a couple years ago while attending college in Minnesota. While I traveled leading family bike tours throughout the world, Sam began his teaching career. It is only recent that we have lived in the same city for more than a month at a time. We are looking forward to starting a new chapter in our lives together. My name will be changing after Thanksgiving break to Mrs. Otto, although my email will remain the same until the end of the year.

Please note that I will be gone the following Monday - Wednesday (26th - 28th). Sam and I will be spending time with our out-of-town family and be taking a quick trip up to Flagstaff. Mrs. Arnold will be subbing for me. Please copy Mrs. Arnold on emails as she may be quicker to respond: larnold@archwayarete.org.

Homework Survey:
In an effort to provide a fruitful homework experience for our scholars, we rely on the feedback of our families. Parents, please share your feedback by completing this homework survey at your earliest convenience.

Grade Reports:
I'll be emailing grade reports tomorrow (Monday). Please review these with your child. There are a number of students who have a D and/or F because of missing homework, quizzes, and tests. Some of this is due to your child being absent. Any missing quiz or test can be made up without any penalty. Others have missing assignments without an excuse. These assignments should be turned in as soon as possible. Late work will receive a grade of 80% of its value.



No comments:

Post a Comment